Community Invited to Celebrate Life through Art
STBTC holds 3rd Annual Chalk Art Festival: Picassos under the Pavilion
SAN ANTONIO ─ In an effort to increase community awareness about life-saving donations, the South Texas Blood and Tissue Center (STBTC) is inviting the community to participate in the 3rd Annual Picassos under the Pavilion Chalk Art Festival Saturday, April 14 from 9am – noon at the STBTC Donor Pavilion. The event theme is “Connect for Life” and will celebrate the donors and patients who have been connected through components such as blood, tissue, cord blood and marrow. Artists will be able to express this theme through chalk artwork on our sidewalk in front of our newest facility. Picassos under the Pavilion is aimed to educate the San Antonio community about how they can help those in need of life-saving components.
Festivities at Picassos under the Pavilion will include:
- Sidewalk chalk art. Completed by local artists and community members.
- Face Painting. An activity where children can become the art.
- Music. A variety of music will play during the event.
- Games. There will be different games for all age ranges.
- Life Links. People who have donated and those who have received donations will be the guests of honor.
- Food and drinks will be provided for chalk art participants.
Admission is free and chalk will be provided. STBTC is a non-profit organization that saves lives by providing the highest quality blood and components to patients. For more information or to register for Picassos under the Pavilion, visit our website at southtexasblood.org.