Join the South Texas Blood & Tissue Center and University of the Incarnate Word: FEIK School of Pharmacy for an opportunity to save lives - right on campus!
SCHEDULE YOUR DONATION:
ALL PRESENTING DONORS WILL RECEIVE:
- a FREE Target gift card
- a safe and secure donation experience
- skilled care from our staff
ABOUT THE SOUTH TEXAS BLOOD & TISSUE CENTER
Giving blood means bridging the space between two lives. One is healthy, vibrant and generous. The other is experiencing illness, trauma and uncertainty. Making a blood donation is one of the most intimate and priceless gifts one can give and The South Texas Blood & Tissue Center (STBTC) is honored to be the bridge between those two lives.
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO BEFORE GIVING BLOOD?
- EAT - Consume an iron-rich meal before you donate. For meal tips, click here.
- HYDRATE - Drinking 8-10 glasses of fluid 1-2 days before you give will help make veins more visible, help you feel more energized after donation and more.
- Rest - Get a good night's sleep before you donate.
- Avoid aspirin - If you're planning on donating platelets, avoid aspirin products or blood-thinning medications for 2 days prior to donation.
- Provide consent - If you're 16 or 17-years-old, we will need consent forms signed by your parents. Click here to download the forms.
- Are you eligible? - If you have questions about your eligibility, or to ask about a specific medication, please call our eligibility specialists at (800) 292-5534, ext. 2243, Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. You can also email us here.
Check out our events page for more exciting donation opportunities!
Anyone who is 16 years old weighing 120 pounds (with parental consent form), or at least 17 years old weighing 110 pounds and in good general health can donate blood. Donors must present photo ID, last four digits of their Social Security number and their birth date.