Students Donating for Life
Students Donating for Life is a contest designed for high school students to have fun while learning the importance of donating blood.
About the contest:
- Schools may schedule as many blood drives as they desire between August 1, 2015 and July 31, 2016.
- Anyone who is 16 years old weighing 120 pounds (with parental consent form), or at least 17 years old weighing 110 pounds, and in good general health can donate blood.
- Friends and family members are invited to participate.
- Schools must host 2 or more drives to be eligible for the contest
- Schools hosting 4 or more drives in each Division will be entered into a drawing for $1,000
Divisions in your area:
The program is offered in 3 divisions, Central (San Antonio, Texas and surrounding areas), Coastal (Victoria, Texas and surrounding areas) and South (Laredo, Texas and surrounding areas).
Each division has 3 sub-divisions based on the number of students enrolled in the school and each one has the following up for grabs:
- school with the highest % participation wins $1,000
- school with the highest number of donations wins $1,000
- Blood Drives must be held at the high school.
Prizes and how to win:
$1,000 per division gift certificate*
Highest percentage of blood donations in each division
(Based on total high school enrollment)
$1,000 gift certificate*
School with the highest total number of
donors in each division
Drawing for $1,000 gift certificate*
Schools that host 4 or more blood drives
Schools are eligible to win both categories in their division.
* Gift certificates are nonrefundable, nontransferable, no cash value. Winners must submit request for gift certificates by October 31, 2016
Download your region's flyer below to learn how to get started.